Pressed and formed ceramics, industrial ceramic shapes, custom parts and components
We are specialists in formed and pressed ceramics and industrial ceramic shapes and have a network of high quality partners, giving us the ability to utilise the ideal forming process for the required business need and application.
Formed ceramics are ideal for applications that require repeatable quality / dimensions such as simple or complex shapes, thermal or electrical isolating requirements or chemical resistance.
Forming of ceramic materials into shapes can be achieved by a variety of methods, including slip casting, injection moulding, isostatic and mechanical pressing.
Formed and pressed ceramics
- Good for thin wall complex shapes
- Best suited for low to medium production
- Low up-front investment
- Less well suited where surface finish or tight tolerances are critical
- Best suited for medium to high volume production
- Good surface finish and accuracy
- Mainly suited to small complex shapes
Isostatically pressed ceramics
- uniform internal structure
- Tight tolerance on the former side but remainder requires a high tolerance.
- Ideal for high quality machining blanks
- Ideal for low to high volume production
Mechanical pressed ceramics
- Both wet and dry processes
- Mid to good tolerances
- Complex shapes
- Can be automated for high volume production
Process and finish
Process selection is important for formed and pressed ceramics and industrial ceramic shapes. Based on quantity, finish and accuracy requirements the correct process will yield the most economic results for the customer.
We are also able to offer items with part glaze or fully glazed finish if required.
Formed and pressed ceramic components can achieve a tolerance accuracy of +/- 1 to 1.5%, Sometimes better. Where tighter tolerances are required then it is often recommended to start with a formed shape and machine this rather than using a typical machining blank.
Typical formed ceramic products
- Thread and wire guides
- Furnace element support spools
- Wear resistant and ballistic tiles and rods
- Electrical insulators, feed thru’s and shoulder bushings
Anderman Ceramics have extensive experience with all of the main processes and are able to tailor both the material and the process to provide the customer with the correct part.
Custom formed ceramic components are a cost effective way of providing specialist Thermal or electrical isolation and can be delivered in any quantity.
- Low, medium and high volume manufacture
- Complex shapes
- Multiple forming techniques available
- Low cost tooling possible (dependent on size, shape)
- Machined to tight tolerance and finish where required
In a range of materials:
- Silicon Carbide
- Other advanced materials
- Domestic Appliance
- Heat Treatment
- Wear Resistance
Contact us now to discuss how pressed ceramics could be the right solution for you.