Anderman Ceramics offer a range of atomizing nozzles and other Zirconia ceramic products. All products are manufactured to exacting standards with unique properties. This puts our product range at the forefront of performance.
Examples include metering nozzles (flow control nozzles) which are used for the continuous casting of steel as well as zircon atomizing nozzles for use in the Powder Metallurgy industry.
We also offer a range of crucibles based upon stabilised Zirconia. The properties of the finished product are determined by both the manufacturing method and the choice of the stabilising media.
Zirconia ceramic metering nozzles for continuous casting
We can deliver a comprehensive range of zirconia ceramic metering nozzles (flow control nozzles) which can be used for the continuous casting of steel. Nozzle material options available in zirconia or zircon. These can be supplied either as solid nozzles or enclosed within a co-moulded outer body.
The composite nozzle method of manufacture enables a nozzle to be manufactured without the use of cement jointing. This allows the use of a high performance zirconia ceramic insert, with a lower grade outer material.
We offer ZPZ, ultra high performance zirconia nozzles. The performance of this type of nozzle can be exceptional, resulting in many casting sequence records achieved. Advanced forming methods ensure the nozzles provide both high and uniform densities.
Properties of zirconia ceramic ZPZ nozzles
- Long and Extended Casting Sequence Times
- Controlled and Stable Casting Speed
- Resistance to Oxygen lancing
- Consistent Re-stranding
- High performance
- Wide range of products
- Composite nozzles available
- Quick change nozzle systems
- Excellent erosion resistence
Ezy 94, range of alumina grades, nsic
See materials menu above for detail
We can supply a range of zirconia / zircon atomizing nozzles for use in the Powder Metallurgy industry. These atomizing nozzles are available in a wide range of shape and size and therefore will suite the requirements of many individual customers.
Applications include the casting and atomization of Ferrous and Non Ferrous melts.
One of the principle features of Zircon / Zirconia atomizing nozzles are their close dimensional accuracy, therefore promoting stable flow characteristics under the most arduous of conditions.
The addition of specially selected stabilising oxides provide high strength, excellent erosion resistance and also minimise cracking due to thermal shock / rapid cooling.
Material grades for atomizing nozzles include
- Yttria stabilised zirconia with excellent erosion properties. Products are high temperature resistant, suitable for super alloy and nickel based alloys.
- Ceria and magnesia stabilised zirconia with excellent thermal shock resistance. These are high temperature resistant, suitable for super alloy and nickel based alloys.
- Zircon nozzle’s with zirconia ceramic enhancement for low temperature, gas and water atomization of aluminium and copper alloys.