Zircoat is a unique refractory ceramic coating compound, which is a great benefit to the industries where corrosion and erosion is a severe problem for refractories and kiln steel shells. It seals cracks, preventing heat loss, and therefore saves heat energy and reduces fuel costs increasing considerably the service life of refractory linings and thermal heating systems.
Zircoat is a new specially formulated refractory ceramic coating cement rich in Zircon, and is particularly effective for uses in industries where high temperature resistance is essential. It has been tested to continue to provide protection from slag adhesion as well as chemical resistance and continued strong adhesion up to temperatures of 1500oC and 1800oC depending upon the grade of Zircoat that you choose, making it ideal for uses in combustion chambers, kilns and furnaces.
NB – Minimum order quantities apply.
Zircoat HT. This coating is meant only for refactories used in furnaces and kilns and withstands temperatures up to 1800oC.
Zircoat M. This coating is used in furnaces and kilns as well as on metals, withstands temperatures up to 1500oC.
- Reduces slag adhesion
- Seals cracks preventing heat loss, considerably saving heat energy and reducing fuel cost
- Considerably increases service life of refractory linings and thermal heating systems
- Can be applied and used in lots of different industries and on lots of different components
- Excellent resistance to powdering
- Forms gas-tight surface
- Odourless and non-hazardous
- Proven ability through previous case studies
- Rich in zircon
- Withstands high temperatures
- Good adhesion
- Excellent dry strength
- Good chemical resistance
- Erosion/corrosion resistant
- Ease of application
- Kiln and Furnace door maintenance and repair.
- Kiln and Furnace wall / floor repair
- Protection linings for industrial incinerators and boilers
- Protection linings for domestic log burners and wood fired stoves
- Chemical plant process improvement
- Crucible protection in molten metal production
- Kiln repair and protection
- Tundish lining repairs in molten metal production
- Zircoat M for coating of cement furnace burner pipe
- Zircoat M for inside of metal chimneys to protect from flue gases
- High temperature corrosion and erosion protection
Simple preparation, can be applied by trowel, brush or spray. Mix powder with water to form paste, and add water (depending upon required consistency for method of application). Leave to air dry for 24 hours then slowly raise the temperature to 1200oC (increasing by 25oC per hour), and rise to operating temperature (increasing by 50oC per hour).